Answering the most common questions expats have
Since 2012, we have answered thousands of questions for expats and non-residents around the world across a wide range of subjects. Below you will find some of the common questions we have answered.
Remember that everybody's situation is different, so while the questions have been answered, you should never rely on any website for a definitive answer and should always seek professional advice if you are ever in any doubt.
We regularly add new questions, however, if the question isn't listed below, please contact us and we will arrange an initial free consultation to answer any questions you have.
- Do I have to submit a UK tax return?
- Do I have to pay stamp duty?
- Do I have to pay inheritance tax?
- What is Generational Inheritance Tax?
- What is a non-dom?
- Do UK expats have to pay tax?
- Do you have to pay tax if you work abroad?
- How long do you have to stay out of the UK to avoid paying tax?
- What is Split Year Treatment?